- Best Destinations
Gokyo Lake and Chola PassAlthough overshadowed by Lobuche, Kalapatthar and the Everest Base Camp trekking, the Gokyo valley offers great trekking and exploring adventures.
Gokyo Lake lies at the altitude of 4750m. Besides world famous mountains, this pristine lake is another key factor making khumbu region wealthy of nature. Passing through the cho la (5430m) and reach to Everest base camp.5364m with Kalapatther 5555m.
After accomplishing the treks up, you’ll rest on the highest point experiencing Spectacular view of several mountain more than 8000m and numerous Peaks, Flora and fauna, Rugged glacier, rocky mountain trail. Your every reviving stop will be welcomed by yaks and green Himalayan tea houses adorned with smiles of Sherpas.
Itinerary of Gokyo lake & Chola Pass in detail
01. Upon arrival transfer to hotel evening trip briefing. 02. After breakfast Kathmandu heritage tour, evening trip preparation. 03. Early morning flight to Lukla (2840m). Trek about 3 hours overnight Phakding (2610m).Lodge. 04. Phakind to Namche Bazzar (3440 m), 6 hours trek. 05. Namche Bazzar: This is the rest day .You have a day excursion around Khumjung village (3780m) to get acclimatize, Everest view point is one of the best spot to have panoramic view of Major Mountain with Mt. Everest. 06. Namche bazzar to Phortse Thanga(3680m): Trek about 6 hours. 07. Phortse Thanka to Dole: Trek to dole is about 5 hours. 08. Dole to Machhermo: (4410m). This is about 5 hours trek. 09. Machhermo to Gokyo : This pristine lake lies in ( 4750m). 10. Gokyo climb to Gokyo Ri and come back lodge overnight. 11. Gokyo to Thangnak (4700m) is 4 hours trek. 12. Thangnak to Dzongla (4830m): This day you pass 5330m above the chola and reach Dzongla 4830m in 7 hours walk. 13. Dzongla to Lobuche(4910m):Trek about 4 hours. 14. Lobuche to Gorakshep(5140m): Trek about 4 hours. 15. Gorakshep to Phriche. Early morning hike to Kalapatther and back to lobuche takes about 5 hours in total. 16. Pheriche Tyangboche: This is 6 hours trekking via Dingbuche.. 17. Tyangboche to Monjo: Trek down 6 hours. 18. Monjo to Lukla : is about 5 hours trek 19. Lukla to Kathmandu: Fly Kathmandu and transfer to hotel free day.Evening farewell dinner. 20. Transfer to airport farewell departure.
- Well experience and licensed guide with necessary porter and there expenses.
- Meals & Accommodation in tea houses (lodges) during the trek
- All necessary trekking permits during the trek.
- All land transportation & domestic airfare to commence the trip.
- Insurance to our crew and rescue assistance to our client including first aid medication.
- Trekkers' Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Accommodation in Kathmandu Hotel 2 nights.
- Fairwell dinner with cultural programme.
Not Included :
- Nepal entry visa fee upon arrival in Kathmandu Airport.U.S 25
- Nature of personal expenses such as beverages and liquidities.
- Tips to our crew after the trip completion.
Read 3580 timesPublished in Everest Trekking
- Country: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- No. of Days: 3 - 4 Weeks
More in this Category
House No. 391, First Floor, Narshing Chowk
Thamel Marga (Opposite to KIST Bank)
P.O. Box 10471
Telephone: +977-4248193 (Office)
FAX: +977-4248193 (Office)
Cell Direct: +977-9841532370 (Santosh Dhakal)
Cell Direct: +977-9841263088 (Ram Hari Khadka)
Cell Direct: +971528292795 (Govinda Luitel - Dubai Contact Office)