Day 01: Arrive in KATHMANDU 1300m.
Day 02: A day in KATHMANDU.
Day 03: Fly from KATHMANDU to LHASA (3,650M)
Day 04-5: In LHASA.
Day 06: Drive to GYANTSE. ( 3,950m)
Day 07: Drive from GYANTSE to SHIGATSE (3,900M)
Day 08: Drive SHIGATSE to OLD TINGRI. 4,350m 6 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to LUNGJA 4,510m or further. 5-6 hrs walks.
Day 10: Trek to camp before LAMNA-LA pass. 6 hrs. 4,750m.
Day 11: Trek across LAMNA-LA 5,150m to camp RONGBUK RIVER.4,690m.
Day 12: Trek to RONGBUK MONASTERY 4,980m 4 hrs walks.
Day 13: Trek to EVEREST BASE CAMP, 5,200m.3-4 hrs walks.
Day 14: Drive to NYALAM 6 hrs journey.
Day 15: Drive to KATHMANDU 6-7 hrs journeys.
Day 16: At Leisure in KATHMANDU for independent activities.
Day 17: Transfer to AIRPORT for INTERNATIONAL DEPARTURE.
- ALL NECESSARY TIBET TRAVEL PERMIT AND TREKKING PERMIT
- TWIN SHARING ACCOMMODATION IN HOTEL ON B/B BASIS DURING STAY IN HOTEL OR GUEST HOUSE
- FULL BOARD BASIS DURING TREKKING (DURING STAY IN TENT CAMP AND B/B BASIS DURING STAY AT HOTEL AND GUEST HOUSE)
- FULL SERVICE CAMPING BY SHERPA STAFFS FROM TIBET SIDE DURING TREKKING. OR NEPALESE STAFF CAN BE SENT IN REQUEST.
- ENGLISH SPOKEN LOCAL GUIDE
- YAK & YAK MAN DURING TREKKING
- TRANSPORTATION BY LAND CRUISER
- YAK AND YAK MAN DURING THE TREKKING TO BRING LUGGAGE AND FOOD
- ALL EQUIPMENT INCLUDING MATTRESS AND TENT
- ALL APPLICABLE TAXES.
- LUNCH AND DINNER DURING STAY IN HOTEL/GUEST HOUSE
- PERSONAL EXPENSES AND USES
- TIPS FOR GUIDE, DRIVER AND SHERPA STAFFS
- RESCUE AND EVACUATION SERVICE
- ANY ADDITIONAL COST DUE TO NATURAL CALAMITY AND UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES AND ETC.
- Day 1 – Arrival in Lhasa (3660m) Fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu. You will be welcomed by our Tibetan representatives and they will then transfer you to the hotel. Then that day you will be free to acclimatize and explore the city. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 2 – Lhasa Sightseeing: Haven't you always dreamt of visiting the ancient Tibetan monasteries? Our Knowledgeable English speaking guides will show you everything you will want to see there. First of all we will explore the beautifully preserved Sera Monastery. Many of the pictures you have seen of Tibet are of this building with its white washed walls and golden roofs. Till this day several hundred monks live and study here. The afternoon will be spent exploring the Jokhang temple and Norbulingka. The Norbunglinka is another astounding piece of architecture and was once the summer palace of the Dalai Lama. Jokhang Temple will provide you one of your first sights of devout Tibetans, as hundreds visit this sacred shrine each day. The central market of Lhasa, the Barkor, surrounds the Jokhang Temple. In these cobbled streets you can experience more of the Tibetan culture and even can purchase some amazing crafts.
- Day 3 – Lhasa Sightseeing To explore some of the ancient quarters of the Dalai Lama we will visit Potala Palace in the morning. Be astonished at this grand palace that has been around since before the 17th century. To add even more history and culture to your experience we will also visit Drepung Monastery. Once home to over 10,000 monks, the Drepung Monastery is still a beautiful sight to see. Miraculously it was one of the few sights to escape the Cultural Revolution without widespread damage.
- Day 4 - Lhasa to Gyantse (3950m) In the morning we will depart from Lhasa and travel in Land cruiser along the Friendship Highway. Numerous passes, such as Khambo La and Kharo La, provide wondrous views of the Himalayan range. A colossal glacier rises nearly straight up from the road as we pass Kharo La. The drive will take us through many beautiful Tibetan valleys and quiet villages along the way. Our final destination is the first class Holi-Lake Hotel in Gyantse.
- Day 5 – Gyantse to Shigatse (3900m) 90Km We will be get the opportunity to experience more of wondrous Tibetan as we will visit the Gyantse Dzong and Kumbum. There is an expansive view of the whole valley from the ancient Dzong fort. The Kumbum is much more than a stupa, as it is surrounded by numerous Tibetan murals and small chapel houses. Even if you are no art connoisseur you will be amazed by these ancient murals and the architecture.We continue on with a short drive to Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet. Not a minute is wasted as we have a full afternoon of exploring the local markets and monasteries. It is very intriguing to see how ancient Tibetan culture compares to the modern day Tibet we will also get to see here. There are endless amounts of sights, both modern and ancient, to see around this city. The night will be spent in Tibetan style Wutse or Mansarovar Hotel.
- Day 6 – Shigatse to Shegar (New Tingri) (4050m) Once more we will drive along the Friendship Highway and immerse ourselves in the wondrous views of the Tibetan plateau. Along the way we will cross our highest pass of the journey, Gyamtso La, as well as numerous nomadic herders. The night will be spent in the comfortable Hotel Quomolongma
- Day 7 – Shegar to Rongbuk We will leave Shegar in the morning and cross the Pang La pass. The view from the top is truly awe-inspiring as nearly the entire Himalayan range is laid out before you. This may be your first real glimpse of Everest.
- Day 8 – Rongbuk to Everest Base Camp Our eighth day will be spent enjoying the barren yet awe-inspiring surroundings of the Everest Base Camp. It is a life changing experience to stare up into the world's largest mountain. We will slowly begin to acclimatize.
- Day 9 – Everest Base Camp To be safe, another day must be spent properly acclimatizing in Rongbuk. You can relax during the day and explore the area even further.
- Day 10 – Trek from Everest Camp to Camp 1(5460m) Our first challenging trek will be made to Base Camp 1. Along the way we can explore the Rongbuk Glacier and surrounding areas. The views around this massive glacier are some of the best in the world. We will take a trail that rises to the east side of this ice cap and heads toward the peak of Mt. Everest. The hike is fairly short, but the high altitude may still be hard for many so relax today and enjoy exploring this amazing area.
- Day 11 – Trek to Internal Camp (5760m) Our trekking trail today will meander over gravel hills to the west of the glacier. Another scenic day awaits us as we spend the night at the interim camp. Ice pinnacles surround us in all directions. What an amazing experience!
- Day 12 – Rest Day in Internal Camp Today is another day to rest and properly acclimatize. We are now at extremely high altitudes, and must take all necessary safety precautions! Small excursions can be taken today and wonderful pictures abound.
- Day 13 – Trek to Camp 2 (5970m) Today we ascend even farther into the intricate maze of ice as we meet up with the Changste glacier. It is such an incredible experience to be hiking on the world's highest mountain! Today our camp is even more beautiful than past sites. We are surrounded on all sides by varying glaciers and hanging ice.
- Day 14 – Trek to ABC (6340m) and Return to Camp 2 It is completely up to you today whether you want to spend the night at Base camp 3 or simply hike there during the day and return to Base Camp 2. The walk will be much more enjoyable tomorrow if we stay at the second base camp. However, if you wish we can spend the night at an even higher altitude and impressive location. Camp 3 lies in the center of flattened gravel mounds next to the glacier. Today we can observe many of the challenging pinnacles, ridges, and even the rock summit of Everest. Camp 3 is only 2400 meters from the top. What a sight it is to finally arrive at nearly the highest point in the world!
- Day 15 – Return to Base Camp Today is a long day as we cruise downhill back towards the first base camp. Wonderful sights abound as we leave this amazing peak.
- Day 16 – Rongbuk to Nyalam On our second to last day we will rejoin the Friendship Highway and experience another amazing drive through Tibet. Once again we will cross two high passes with magnificent Himalayan views. Towards the end of the day we will descend from the Tibetan plateau and arrive in Nyalam. It is a huge relief for many to arrive back in this lush town with showers and beds.
- Day 17 – Nyalam to Kathmandu Today is a sad day for most as we end our journey. In the morning we will cross the Friendship Bridge and head back into Nepal. We must bid a fond farewell to our Tibetan guide and go through all the necessary border paperwork. Our Nepalese staff will meet you on the other side and take you your last five hours into Kathmandu. Overnight at the hotel.
|Start Date||End Date||Price in US Dollar||Availability||Booking|
|Date is not available and open for bookings.|
AVAILABILITY OPTIONSSPACE: This date is available and open for bookings. Go for it!
LIMITED:This date is a guaranteed departure, but places are limited. Please send booking request for availability.
GUARANTEED:This date is a guaranteed departure. Seat Available.
FULL:This date is currently unavailable. Please contact us if you are interested in traveling on this date.
Your Program Duration = 17 DaysAll the Prices are in USD Per Person basis.